Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Turkey Day and Claire's first haircut!

We had an exciting weekend here in Canada! Yesterday was Canadian Thanksgiving and on Sunday we had our friends over for our second Thanksgiving here. It does NOT seem like we should be having "second" anniversaries here. Time sure has flown by! Anyway, I made exactly what I made last year. If you are curious here is the link to last years post.
I hate to say it but I only took a few pictures...and they were of Grayson playing with his buddy, Severin, on his activity mat. Oops! I meant to take so many more!

We had a really nice time together. Claire played so well with her buddy, Amaia, and we just pretty much sat back and watched.
Then, yesterday Charlie went off to work and the kids and I stayed home and had a "normal" day. I put Claire in big girl underwear and she stayed dry all day, hurray! I have been meaning to write a post on the horrors of potty training. It has been so hard, but Claire is doing pretty well...even if she is inconsistent still.
So, today I decided it was time for a haircut for Claire. I admit that I have trimmed it myself a few times, but it just now is long enough for a real ponytail so I thought it could use some help, ha!
All I have to say is if everything involved a pink chair and Mickey Mouse, life would be great! Claire got in the chair and sat so still and never made a peep. I actually had to pull her out of the chair...she was so happy in it!
I just got the ends trimmed up a bit, so it isn't much shorter. The lady gave Claire a certificate and saved her hair for me since it was her first cut. After she was done, Claire got sparkles combed into her new 'do. She told me when we got home that she "loves sparkles in her hair!"

What a big girl! I can't believe how much she has grown! Just to compare here she is last Thanksgiving...

Wow, she looks so little there! Hard to believe that in just a few months she will be three!

1 comment:

  1. She looks like a totally different kid :) She has grown up SOOO much!!

    ReplyDelete