Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Okay, so having Thanksgiving on October 11th has been a bit weird for me. I think I can get used to it, but I was sad to not have my Mom and Mother-in-law's cooking or to see football or family members running around, but we did have a wonderful time with new friends. We planned a dinner with our good friends from church and it was a lot of fun!
I had never cooked for Thanksgiving before....well there was that one pie a few years ago that was made from a can....but other than that this was a big deal for me!
I made the corn, sweet potatoes, and mashed potatoes. Charlie made a chocolate-peanut butter pie. And our friends brought ham, rolls, and punch!
I am very thankful to have made such great friends so quickly after moving here. God has blessed us in this new place!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment