Friday, October 14, 2011

Life in Canada

One of my favorite blogs to read,  Kelly's Korner, is hosting a Show Us Your Life - International Day today...so I couldn't help but want to participate!
So, for anyone new to this blog here is a little bit of background on us! We moved to Edmonton, Alberta just over a year ago from Lexington, Kentucky. My husband is currently getting his post doctorate degree at the University of Alberta and this is the exciting place he wanted to move to, ha! I had kind of hoped to stay in the United States, but here we are!
This move has been hands-down the hardest thing I have ever done. I can honestly say that out of this "big move" has come many blessings. God has been faithful even though I still miss my family and friends who are now so far away. One of my most surprising blessings is my baby boy that I had in July. If you had asked me a couple of years ago if I would ever live in Canada AND have a Canadian baby I would've looked at  you like you were nuts!
So, now I have left my teaching career and am staying at home with my two year old, Claire, and newborn, Grayson. I use this blog to keep track of the everyday adventures we have..and of course..the crazy weather! If you look back a year ago this month you will find that our first snow was just a few days from now. Yikes!
Here are a few pictures from over the past year...
All of our possessions on the moving truck!

Last look at our house!

Welcome to Canada!
New house...found in a weekend...good job, Charlie!
First snow, October 25!
Minus EIGHT morning...November 19.
First Christmas!
January...dug a trench for our dog, Gus to go potty!
Big news...a baby is coming in July!
The snow is finally melting...in April!
Preparing for a baby boy!
Canada Day on a pony ride.
Welcome, Grayson!
Claire loves her baby brother :)
Okay...going through those pictures is so weird. All of the things that have happened over the last year just reaffirms that God "is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." (Ephesians 3:20) Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. I think its neat to be able to experience different parts of the world;) I wish I could live in so many different places!! I love livin in the south, though and have only ever lived in Little Rock and Nashville. You have a gorgeous lil family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I found your blog through Kellys Korner International show us your life. I live in Alberta too! We live in Calgary and just had twins in August. Hope your enjoying life in Canada. Email me if you would like to chat more. I don't have a blog .. yet.. not that brave!
    Ally
    ally.downing03@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am visiting from Kelly's Korner. It is so neat that you are living in Canada! I grew up in a military family and we lived overseas for about half of my life. As a kid, I loved it! I must say though, my mom lives in Georgetown, KY and I am DYING to move back there. I moved from Fort Knox to Albuquerque for my husband and I miss KY so much. :) Your children are adorable. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading about your adventure!! You have a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! Although I don't think I could cope with all that snow and cold weather!

    Dropping by from Christchurch, New Zealand via Kelly's Korner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I just found you through Kelly's Korner and I also live in Edmonton! How funny :) If you want to meet send me an e-mail. Have you checked out Cafe O Play yet? My son LOVES it and he turned two in March. My baby girl was born in June. My e-mail is natashajk@gmail.com. Let me know if you want to connect.

    ReplyDelete