Monday, October 24, 2011

Three Months!

Grayson is three months old!
I know I say this every month...but time sure is flying by! Grayson now weighs 14.6 pounds! At our pre-op appointment on Friday the nurse called him a "linebacker" and I have to agree. No wonder my back hurts sometimes after carting him around!
Grayson is now wearing 3-6 months shirts and 3 months pants. Today he is wearing his first 6 month outfit and it still has lots of room (I love when they are a little big! It seems so snuggly!) He is in a size 2 diaper.

At our pre-op appointment we decided that we would take away Grayson's pacifier now so that after his surgery when he can't have it he won't be so upset. It has been hard, but he seems to be doing better each day. Last night I fed him at 7:30 and stuck him in bed. He ate again at 8:30 and never woke up! This was the first time he went to bed this early and stayed asleep, hooray!
Hopefully, Grayson will be happy after his surgery. The nurse told me to keep him from crying. Yes, keep a BABY from CRYING!! In other words, Grayson and I will be joined at the hip for the next few weeks. Charlie thinks I will be feeding him a lot to keep him happy, but I think we will be doing a lot of rocking in the rocking chair and he will be napping on me on the couch.
I asked a ton of questions at his appointment and feel okay about his surgery. It will take 2 hours to repair his lip and then about 45 minutes in the recovery room. They will alternate advil and tylenol for the pain and he will be able to eat right away! The scariest things I heard were to keep him from crying and that he can not take his splints off at all for the whole three weeks (even in the bath tub!). Other than that, the nurse said to take tons of pictures of him now because he will look completely different after the surgery. She also told us how wonderful the surgeon is, which really made me feel so glad he is getting his surgery done here! I also asked about the costs of this procedure and she said we would be paying nothing! Can I repeat that? Nothing! Wow, what a relief. Thank you Alberta Health Care!
Claire and Grayson at 3 months...I see more resemblances now!
Tomorrow is my first day keeping a little girl. I am going to keep her one day a week for four hours. I am hoping that Claire enjoys playing with her (she is almost two). I think it will be good for her to have a buddy for a few hours. Grayson is keeping pretty well to his schedule, so it seems manageable! Fingers crossed! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying everything goes well during the surgery!! And I got him that monkey outfit!! It looks soooo cute on him :) Can't wait to see you guys and meet him really soon!!

    ReplyDelete