Monday, January 31, 2011

New Recreation Centre

This weekend was pretty uneventful. On Saturday, we all went to the eye doctor. Claire isn't due to get her eyes checked for another year, but she still got to enjoy the thrill of sitting on Charlie's lap while he endured the puffer thing and the new never-before-seen camera that takes the picture of the back of your eye and leaves you blinded for 30 seconds. I am just thankful that I got to have peace while telling the doctor if the letters on lens A or B were more clear.
After that fun, we went to Fatburger. I am deeply in love with Fatburger. The bad thing is we had just eaten there on Monday and when we ordered a worker came up to us and said, "you're back again? you're in here every week!" I really wanted to correct him and say that we hadn't been in there since BEFORE Christmas! But, I just laughed and told Charlie how embarrassing that was! So anyway, we were back in there on Saturday and yes, I hid my face from the worker and prayed he wouldn't come over to us and make a comment about how he just saw us Monday. Although I was tempted to just yell, "I AM PREGNANT AND CAN'T CONTROL MY CRAVINGS!!!" Maybe that's not the best plan either...
Needless to say, the hamburgers and french fries there are great!
After we ate, we went home and Claire and I had a nice nap. Then, I told Charlie we should check out the new Rec. Centre that was having its grand opening. I had been waiting and waiting for this centre to open because I had such high hopes that this could be the answer for cabin fever in the winter! So, we jumped in the car and promised Claire she would get to play on a playground.
The centre was huge! And very nice! It has several ice rinks and three restaurants and of course a track and equipment and all of that stuff. Claire was excited about the playground and we were too until we were told it was five dollars to play. Hmm...that seemed expensive for 20 minutes of play! But, you know how it is. You can't go back on your promises to your two-year-old. So, we paid the amount to let her have the experience.
We decided in a couple of years this playground will be perfect. Claire was a little small and scared of the climbing structure. See how wary she looks?
She was telling Charlie all done! He took her up to the top to slide down on the slide, but she didn't want to go!
By the way, the rules say no adults on the climbing structure...oops!
So, we checked out the blocks and Claire was in heaven!

We toured through the centre before we left to see the ice rinks and the huge water slide and wave pool. I couldn't take pictures due to signs saying not to and tons of workers walking around. But, I did sneak one of some cute little hockey players shaking hands after their game.

Aren't they cute? I do not have any dreams of letting any of my children play hockey. That just proves where I am from! I have seen so many tiny skaters since moving here and I still can't let go of the railing to keep from falling! I would rather root for a Tennessee or Kentucky basketball game! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment