Sunday, January 2, 2011

And we're back!

We are finally back in Canada after a wonderful 18 day vacation in Tennessee with family. I had missed being in the United States and thoroughly enjoyed going to the places we don't have here. Some places I couldn't wait to go to were...
1) Target! Oh how I missed Target...
2) Zaxby's- the big zax snack was calling my name!
3) Chick Fil A....I just wanted a chocolate peppermint milkshake...and it WAS good!
4) Gymboree...and don't fall on the floor when I tell you that I managed to not buy anything! I know, it surprised me too.
5) Pal's!!!!!!!! I know many of you will not have heard of Pal's (they are an east-tennessee thing) but they have the best hamburgers and french fries and milkshakes.

So, it was a good trip. And not just because I got to go to those 5 places...but because seeing the joy on Claire's face when we arrived at the airport and she took of runnnig as fast as she could to her cousins, aunt, uncle, and grandparents was priceless! We decided that we owe all of Claire's familiarity with her family to skype. It has truly been a lifesaver!
Unfortunately I do not have any pictures to share with you. Charlie's jaw just hit the floor when I told him I only took ONE picture while we were there. But, my SIL is a super photographer and she captured every moment! So as soon as I have the pictures, I will recap our fabulous trip.
Today is Claire's second birthday and we had a nice day together. She is now watching her new favorite movie, Cinderella. She has spent all day singing happy birthday to herself!
I hope you all have a very happy New Year! We are happy to welcome in 2011 and see what our next year in Canada has in store for us. We already feel so blessed to have friends, a home, and be attending a great church. Happy 2011 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment