Sunday, January 9, 2011

So much Snow!!!

We have just survived our first Candaian snowstorm. I feel like I deserve a blue ribbon or something! I haven't seen this much snow since maybe 1998, and I'm not sure Tennessee was hit with this much then. Anyway, the fun started on Friday afternoon and didn't stop until sometime late Saturday night. It is hard to know how much we got, but I would say it is close to a foot. We still have October's snow on the ground, so everytime it snows it just adds to what was already there.
Claire has enjoyed the storm. She has watched Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast and Charlie came back from the store with Snow White today. He said he thought it would be good to have three movies in the rotation, but I know he just wanted to watch Snow White again!
I am  glad we were stuck in all together on the weekend. I would have worried if Charlie had tried going to work. He said the roads were really bad in our neighborhood....so even snow tires have their limitations!
This is the view out our upstairs window before we went to bed last nigh.
Gus, on the other hand, hates the snow. He has been sent out to potty and a few times in the last couple of days and he couldn't make it hardly down the stairs. He just turns around and looks at you like why do you put me through such misery? Poor dog...
Charlie tried to help him by digging him a trench this afternoon. It even has two different routes! So, if he decided he would rather potty by the side of the fence....now he has options!
Checking everything out.
Don't you wish you had a nice trench to potty in? Ha!  

No comments:

Post a Comment