Thursday, January 27, 2011

15 Picture Recap of the Holidays!

Special thanks to my wonderful sister-in-law for sending me pictures from our trip home to the US for Christmas. If it wasn't for her...well I wouldn't have any! So, here is a recap from our trip!
Arriving at the airport!
That was a loooong day of traveling! We left Edmonton at 8:15am and arrived in Tennessee at 8:30pm! We did save a couple hours with the time change, but it still made an exhausting day. However, when we arrived we were sooo excited!
Our greeters!
The next day we went to see my niece and nephew in their Christmas Pageant. It was too cute! My niece was Mary and my nephew was a cow, and he even sang a solo!
After changing clothes we had to take pictures of their matching knot dresses that my mother-in-law and I made!
This is when I learned an important lesson. We were taking pictures and talking after the pageant and the performers for church started practicing. I knew the song they were singing, so I sang along. Well, they saw me and dragged me onto the stage to sing too! Lesson learned:  Keep your mouth shut or you will have to sing in your own microphone!
So, so embarrassed!
It snowed soon after that and in order to not be stuck at home we were taxied up the driveway in the 4-wheeler.
It was a fun ride!
Then, on Friday we went out to celebrate Charlie's birthday. He requested this little Mom and Pop diner, and I think it is now becoming a tradition to go there. Just so you know, they specialize in Ostrich Burgers and from what I have been told, they are really good!
Then, we had cookie cake! Thanks to my Mother-in-law for those trick candles..they were hilarious!

While we were home, we also checked out the Speedway in Lights. They put up tons of lights to see, and even let you drive on the speedway!
Before we knew it, it was Christmas Eve. We always get together and eat breakfast and open presents.

And after we have opened a million presents and destroyed the sun room, we took off to see Santa!

It was a super fun time at home! We left Christmas Eve to spend a week with my parents who live close by. Claire loved seeing her Lou and Gramps (and Rocky the cat was a huge hit, even though he wasn't as enthusiastic as Claire!)
The night before we left we had Claire's birthday party. I have never seen her so excited! And then we left the next morning. It is hard to believe that we won't be back home until next Christmas! But, then we will be taking a new baby with us! Time will fly by, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment