Monday, January 3, 2011

I now have a TWO year old!

Claire's new love lately has been Sesame Street. It's funny because I thought for the longest time that she would never be able to sit still and watch a tv show, but suddenly she can stare with her mouth open for an hour at Sesame Street. So, what theme would be better for a birthday party?
We celebrated the night before we left with family. It was so much fun, and I have never seen Claire so excited! She went on and on about her birthday cake and her cousins coming and how she wanted to tickle them! Isn't that funny?
Can't celebrate without an Elmo cake!
After the guests had arrived, we ate dinner together. I got the joy of sitting at the kids table this year. Just so you know, you could only sit at that table if you were a boy or a girl. Whew! I am so glad I fit into one of those categories!
Then, we headed downstairs to open presents. I admit that Charlie and I were a little worried about the presents. We had already packed our suitcases and weren't sure if we could manage to fit anything else into them. But, we have smart family members. Claire got many clothes, small toys, and things that collapsed flat.
The tent was a huge hit!
After we had destroyed my parents living room, we went back to the kitchen for cake. My SIL took lots of pictures of everyone posing with Claire.
Claire, Mommy, and Daddy
Claire and her cousins...she had stopped tickling them for the moment!

My parents with Claire.
Charlie's parents with Claire.
Claire with Auntie and "G"
Claire and her Great Grams
It was a great party! Claire stayed up way too late and by the time she was in bed, we gave up the thought of ringing in the new year at midnight. Instead, we toasted at ten o'clock and went to sleep. Charlie and I had to get up at three (yes, THREE!) to be at the airport for our first flight. Thanks to all the family that joined us to celebrate Claire's special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment