Monday, July 30, 2012

Grayson's First Birthday

So, I realize I am a week late...but....

Grayson is one year old! It must have been that fastest year ever because I am still in shock that it already came and went!
We had a nice Mickey Mouse party for him with our "family" here in Canada. The "real" family was present on Skype, although my parents were in Bermuda on vacation (poor them!)
I had a fun time making Grayson's birthday banner and tissue puffs!
We had the party at lunchtime and the menu consisted of Hot Diggity Dogs, Chili, Daisy's Garden Vegetables (carrots and dip), Toodles' Noodle Salad (pasta salad), Chips, and Le-Minnie-Ade to drink. There was also Mickey Mouse cake for dessert, of course!
I made little signs to go with the food :)
And of course we had a few goodie bags for the kiddies.
Charlie and I worked together on Grayson's Mickey cake. You can learn a lot about someone by making a cake with them! We had quite a time with this cake, but in the end it turned out great and we were pleased with it. My sister-in-law also was a great distraction because she went to the hospital to have my new niece when we started icing the cake and by the time we were done, Olive Elizabeth was born! I will never forget making this cake and checking on her progress the whole time. And of course Grayson will always have a birthday buddy! (We were so hopeful that Olive would come on his actual birthday, but she waited until the next day...but they can still celebrate together!)

Getting excited about guests coming!
Eating lunch...Grayson ate two hotdogs. He has turned into a little pig lately and eats a ton!
We Skyped with my sister and brother-in-law, my mother and father-in-law, and my niece and nephew...and of course my newest niece was there too! They were all at the hospital visiting the baby. And we all sang "happy birthday" to Grayson.
Then came time for the cake!!! I was so excited to see him dig in....and that is what he did!!

That boy loved his cake!
After playing for a while, it was time for presents.

I think Grayson was a little overwhelmed!
He got some help from Daddy...
And Claire presented her cards she was worked hard on.
Grayson liked all of his new toys. He even got Batman Little People! Yay, for some new "boy" toys!
Charlie and I got him a zebra riding toy and he really does like sitting on it!
It was a really fun day for all of us. We just love this boy so much and are so happy to watch him learn and grow! Happy Birthday Grayson!

No comments:

Post a Comment