Thursday, July 26, 2012

Capital Ex Parade

Last Thursday was the start of Capital Ex here in Edmonton. It is a huge "fair" like event with lots of concerts, rides, and livestock. Captial Ex always starts with a huge parade and this year my friend asked if I wanted to go. Of course I said yes! I love a good parade!
We rode the train to the parade downtown, and boy was it crowded! We finally found a place where the kids could sit and watch.
Air Canada float.
There were over 100 floats and lots of country music...I know! Country music in Canada!
RCMP (royal canadian mounted police)
This float was the "big deal" of the parade. It was Edmonton's float and cost 80,000. I am still not sure WHAT it is!
Capital Ex float.

I think this one was my favorite. Gotta love a beaver float!
Ooooh and the dragons were neat!
Kermit?
The scarecrow festival's float.....scary!
BIG John Deere!
Yes, this is a bicycle! I couldn't even fit all the people in my camera lens!
The parade ended up being an hour and forty-five minutes long...that's a long time! When it was over it was past lunch time so we hurried to find somewhere to eat. The plan was to go into the mall across the street and eat at McDonald's, but after finding two different loooong lines for the elevator, we ended up at a hot dog vendor on the street. I had never eaten at a hot dog vendor before...and it was....okay!
We found some tables around the corner that just happened to be right next to a kids play area that was set up for Capital Ex. Claire was so excited to try it out!
So, after we ate we wandered over to the big blow up slide. Now, Claire is going through this "fear" stage. She has been afraid of lots of things lately, but mostly anything involving heights. And she definitely has never gone into a bouncy house to jump. But today was a different day.
She agreed to slide down the slide if I went with her...so up we both went!
And then she WENT IN and JUMPED in the bouncy house! But, the best part was when she insisted on going down the slide by herself and she really did do it!!
Cimbing up....(I am thinking she will turn around any second!)
And sliding down!
Look how proud she is of herself! Ha! I was really proud too! She was so excited that she went down the slide about 5 more times before we left.
After that excitement we took the train home. By the time we got there, we all needed a nap! Fun days are sure tiring, even to Mommas!

1 comment:

  1. I love her face going down the slide!! She looks a little unsure, but boy that smile at the end sure is sweet! Glad she conquered that fear!!! I miss you guys! I'm waiting for pictures from Grayson's birthday party!!! I wanna see him eating cake :) HA!!

    ReplyDelete