Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Bunch of Randomness

This is what has been going on (so far) this week in our lives...

1. Last night I went to check on the kids before going to bed and when I went into Claire's room her night light was burned out. I immediately thought about her waking up in the middle of the night screaming because of the DARK so I ran downstairs to find a new light bulb. I changed the bulb out in her room and plugged the light back in and Claire never moved. Then, I went to check on Grayson. He has been screaming as soon as I put him in his bed the last two nights, so I wanted to make sure he was breathing, and as soon as I looked at him, he woke up. Now why can't I have two sound sleepers? Sheesh!

2. We have gone to the playground so far everyday this week. Claire will not slide down the slides that she loved last year. She has regressed to the baby slide. I finally convinced her to try out the twisty slide again with the promise that is goes really slow. She finally went and she loved it. But she still won't go down the tunnel slide. I think she gets her bravery from me, ha!

3. I took the kids to the Library on Tuesday. Charlie is the only one with a card and I didn't have his so I asked the lady if she could look up his card number so I could check out some books. She said no, that every adult has a private account and I couldn't use his. Well I think that is the first time I haven't been able to share something with my spouse! Luckily she gave me my own card and a spiffy pink bag to carry my books in. The bag says "we carry everything you care about." I do love books, but I don't know if I love them that much!

4. I have been working with Grayson on signing "more." I have also been working with him on saying "Mama." Wouldn't you know that the other day after he ate all of the puffs on his tray, he said "mamamama!" I then realized that he is saying "Mama" and meaning "more." I tested him a few more times and sure enough, every time he runs out of food and wants more he says "Mama!" Haha, I guess he is just extra smart to be saying my name and asking for more, right?

5. I do have to add that a few days ago I was talking and someone asked me if I was from Australia!!! Now, why would anyone think that? I just had to laugh!

I hope you are enjoying your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment