Monday, April 30, 2012

Under the Weather :(

So last Sunday Grayson woke up in the early morning with a fever. He was miserable! I took him in to the pediatrician on Monday and she thought he had a stomach virus. I should have known better because after coming back home, his nose started running and he started coughing. I went back again on Wednesday and it was confirmed he had his first ear infection. Yikes! I got him an antibiotic that just happens to be highlighter-yellow and he spits it out of his mouth three times a day...and I get to have this fun for 10 days!
Passed out on Daddy's shoulder! :( 
And I think the worst thing is that he now has no appetite. I was so proud of his eating and then wham! he gets sick and is now back to only breastfeeding again.
The ear infection seemed to start with a horrible cold/sinus infection that Claire got after Grayson and then I got it on Friday. I am now just as miserable as they were! I guess now I know how they felt...but I think I could've gone on not knowing and it would've been fine!!
This was the first time that one of the kids was sick for a whole week. I think I would like a do-over on last week! I seemed to spend most of my time holding Grayson while in my pajamas!
So, here's to hoping that this week brings healthy, happy (and hopefully hungry!) kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment