Friday, April 1, 2011

The Thaw

Yesterday we took a walk! The last time we walked was way back in October, so it was definitely nice to be outside! Poor Gus couldn't contain himself. He squeaked half the way and Claire was so excited she kept running up to Charlie and me saying, "Super! super fast! I go super fast!"
I know many of you have been enjoying warm, spring-like temps and nice flowers and all I have to say is 30 degrees and snow still feel like winter here! So, today when it jumped up to 50 degrees with sunshine and we had to take advantage of that good news!
We have been starting to thaw. I can see a patch of grass in our yard and the side roads are slushy. A lot of the garages in our neighborhood are behind the houses and you have to take little side roads to get to them. We are thankful that our garage is attached or we might have never made it out over the winter!
They look fun to drive on, huh?
We have a paved trail through the neighborhood so we walked around the trail to see the pond. Sure enough, it is finally starting to melt.
Check out the bench and fire pit. This was a popular skating rink!
I also had to take a picture to try and show how deep the snow was.
The snow is still pretty deep!
Claire's feet found every puddle!
Want to sit on that bench?
By the time we had made a loop it was freezing again! I know "Old Man Winter" will most likely come back and bring snow again, but I would be willing to pay him to stay away. I keep thinking longingly about my capri pants and flip flops (if it will ever get warm enough to make me want to bare my toes...ha!)

1 comment:

  1. Soo sweet! I can't even imagine having snow still on the ground. Is that Riley's coat?? We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete