Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pumpkin patch and corn maze!

Today we ventured just outside the city to the only pumpkin patch around! I was so excited! I expected great things due to the really nice website and things were....well....different than I had thought they would be. It seemed that there was too much going on and the few staff members couldn't keep up. Needless to say, we still had a nice time.
Claire and our new friends :)
First, we checked out the petting zoo.
Petting a goat.
I didn't know goats could climb like that!
I could not get Claire to pet the goat this time..oh well.
Then, we went through a maze made out of hay. I thought it was funny, but Claire got so confused in the maze...I guess it was the perfect size for her!
And then we found a path and went into the corn maze. It was kind of a nightmare. It was muddy and both kids fell in the mud and had to be carried. Not to mention, it was hard to find our way back out! After that adventure, I am done with corn mazes for a while!
The maze we went through.
The beginning of the maze...when we were mud free and eager to walk!
My girl and me :)
So..we thought we had done everything. We ate lunch....saw this band play...
and then a man found us and asked if we wanted to ride the wagon to the big maze. Luckily he said we could just ride and not go through the big maze (I read on the website it takes TWO HOURS to go through!)
I was content to just look...
So..it wasn't the fanciest place, but we made the most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment