Sunday, August 22, 2010

Up In Smoke!

This weekend has been pretty uneventful. We have stayed inside most of the time due to rain and cold weather. Yesterday was around 65 degrees...makes me miss the 90's in Kentucky and Tennessee!

Thursday we had some excitement. I was upstairs putting Claire down for her nap when I smelled smoke coming from outside. I closed the windows and went outside to look around. When I didn't see any fires, I googled the smoke. Apparently, forest fires in British Columbia had caused smoke to blow in to Edmonton. It was hard to breathe outside and very hazy. The news said that 45 people had called thinking they had fires in their neighborhoods! Whew! Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that!

Over the weekend the smoke has slowly gone away. It is nice to go outside and take a deep breathe of clean air again!


The Edmonton Journal posted this picture of the Quesnell Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment