Sunday, August 1, 2010

Picnics, Bicycles, and Hares..Oh My!!

On Friday, I decided I would take Claire on a picnic. I was so proud of myself. I packed up cheese quesadillas, green beans, water, and applesauce and after I tucked a blanket into the stroller we hit the path to the lake. Well..the closer I got to the water the more I noticed that I was being attacked by mosquitos. I looked down, and Claire was being attacked too! I thought that it was just being near the water, so I pushed the stroller away and pulled the blanket out under a tree. The mosquitos were so bad they swarmed the blanket, and after killing a million of them I gave up. On a side note, I did meet a nice dad who lent me some Off for kids...but it didn't help much.


So..we went back home and ate. So much for being creative! When we got home I looked closely at the blanket and it has blood stains on it from the mosquitos (Claire and I did too)...yuck!


Later that night, I grabbed my camera and got a picture of Claire and Charlie riding the bicycle together. This has to be Claire's number one favorite thing to do right now. She calls the bicycle a "beep beep" because her cousin's has a horn that beeps. Today she told Charlie he was her buddy after they got back from their ride. :)





And for those of you wondering about those big, huge rabbits...well I finally got some pictures of them (they are super fast!) Apparently, they are "hares" not rabbits, but they really are just as big as Gus!



1 comment:

  1. Love all of the new photos! :) But...being the crazy concerned aunt and sister I am...please tell me that Claire wears a helmet while she's riding on Charlie's bike!!!!!!! And that Charlie wears one too!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete