Friday, September 9, 2011

Chuck E. Cheese

A couple of weeks ago we ended up at Chuck E. Cheese. It was one of those "what can we do last minute that might be fun...and include dinner?!" kind of times. I went in to look around before we fully committed and came back out to the car to report the "sky high" pizza prices to Charlie. We agreed to go in anyway because we thought Claire would enjoy it.

We ordered a pizza and I sat with Grayson while Charlie and Claire went to the toddler area. After we ate (the pizza was pretty good!) I took three dollars (a twoonie and a loonie here!) to the machine to get some tokens. Of course I chose the broken machine and had to flag down a worker to help me. He went over to the register and grabbed a handful of tokens and gave them to me. Yes! Extra tokens!
Charlie and I relived our childhood by playing skeeball and Charlie played the basketball game twice. I do have to say though....who remembers being able to get a prize even with just one ticket? Not the case now! You have to have at least ten tickets to get anything. And by anything I mean one plastic bracelet or one piece of candy. Ridiculous!

Claire loved this horse ride! She could've sat on the horse all day!

I tried to play this game with Claire. She did pretty good. You just have to roll a ball to make your "man" move. Thank you Charlie for stepping in and helping her win!

I ♥ skeeball!
I was all about trying to get as many tickets as possible, but Claire only ended up with a plastic bracelet and a pack of smarties. She wasn't dissappointed, but I guess that is why parents spend twenty dollars on tokens instead of just three, ha! We decided it was more fun for us to play there than Claire...maybe we'll go back in a couple of years!

No comments:

Post a Comment