Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Date Night (it's about time!)

Last night, Charlie and I headed out on our first date since Grayson was born (gasp!). Yeah, we have been in need of one for a while now. And it just so happened that my best friend Beth's sister has been touring all across Canada with Chris Tomlin. She is in a band called All Sons and Daughters. I contacted Beth's sister Leslie through facebook and she got us free tickets. Thanks so much, Leslie!
We had a friend stay with the kids and we took the LRT (subway) to the concert. When we got there we got our tickets from Will Call and waited in line to get in. Leslie had already started her first song and I was about ready to jump out of my skin I was so excited. The two women in front of us were talking and I heard one say, "I wonder where All Sons and Daughters are from?" I just had to tell them that I knew them and they were from Tennessee!
Anyway, we rushed to our seats and I began rapidly taking pictures trying to capture Leslie on stage singing. They were awesome!!
Look, there she is! :)
The songs they sang we terrific. And then Leslie shared some verses from the Bible.
After they were done there was an intermission before Chris Tomlin came out. Charlie and I rushed to get Leslie's CD. If you are interested in their music, check out their site. You won't be disappointed! http://allsonsanddaughters.com/
Then, Chris Tomlin came out. And he was so. good!!!
It had been a long time since I had been to a concert where I knew every song. It was hit after hit after hit. Awesome! He had a ton of energy too and the crowd went crazy!!
What a great night! Leslie came back out for the last song and they sang with Chris Tomlin.
We met up after the show and got to talk for a while. It was so nice to catch up with her and hear about her touring and everything. I am so so happy we got to see her while she was in our neck of the woods! What a treat! Just like the guy next to us at the merchandise table said, "they are gonna be big!" I totally agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment