Monday, November 22, 2010

Welcome to Canada, Philip!

My brother surpised us last week when he called and asked if he could come visit us over the weekend. Like I would turn any visitors down! So, on Friday night we stayed awake to go pick him up at midnight from the airport. At first I was just going to send Charlie, but after thinking about it I woke Claire up and we all went. It was exciting, driving in the snow late at night to get Philip! Claire stayed awake the whole time...I think she was excited too!
Welcome to Canada!
Poor Philip didn't have much time to see everything. He had to leave early Sunday morning. So he went with Charlie to the university Saturday morning. When they got back we went to the big mall. I really couldn't think of much else to do in this cold weather! It has barely made it into positive temperatures lately.
We checked out Galaxyland. Philip was interested in the roller coaster, so Claire and I waited while Charlie and Philip went for a ride.

Lately Claire has really enjoyed riding on Charlie's shoulders. When she got tired, we put her on Philip! Ha!

We even got Philip to use my camera to take a picture of us!


We ate dinner at a restaurant in the mall (I think Philip was impressed with all there is to choose from!) and ended up sleeping to a movie after Claire went to bed. I was sad to see him go, but it really won't be too long until Christmas. I'm sure he was ready to go back to warmer weather! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment