Sunday, August 21, 2011

Canadian Derby

Yesterday we ventured out to the Canadian Derby! I was ready to relive my days in Kentucky by seeing some good ole horse racing!

Before each race, they would parade the horses down the track. Charlie and I bet (just for fun!) on three races, and we lost each race! Each horse we picked started out dead last. It was pretty funny!
The starting gate.

We were hoping the yellow horse would win...
Claire loved watching the horses run by. She cheered the horses on!
I had to get a picture of Grayson too...he is always sleeping in the Baby Bjorn.

Then we went to the infield for the "family" activities...which of course was a petting zoo.
Claire is getting really good at petting animals in petting zoos. I feel like we see a petting zoo almost every weekend, ha! I told Charlie that when we retire we should go around to places with our own petting zoo. I bet that would be good money!
Then, we met some dressed up characters. I think they were mascots for the derby and the local news station.

The "dog" was checking out Grayson.
Giving the "horse" a high-five!
I can't say that these races really compared to Keeneland, but it was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment